Michael J. Clark
Mr. Clark has over 20 years of insurance industry experience almost all of it spent as a senior executive within the aviation and aerospace sector. Prior to founding Plimsoll he served as the Head of the Aviation and Aerospace Business Unit at QBE, reporting directly in to the North American Board. He and the team founded the Aviation Division there as a de novo greenfield endeavor in 2011, in a 50/50 Joint Venture with QBE’s Aerospace Syndicate at Lloyd’s of London, and quickly turned the business unit into one of the largest and most profitable underwriters in the global marketplace within this highly specialized segment.
He has founded multiple aviation and aerospace specialty programs that continue to be some of the largest and most profitable in the industry. His responsibilities as a senior aviation insurance executive have included oversight of underwriting, claims, safety & Loss Control and Finance teams. He has held responsibility for overseeing placement of aviation reinsurance treaties covering large portfolios of primary insurance business and has extensive experience designing and implementing quantitative pricing models, many of which continue to be in use by various underwriters.
Prior to QBE, he served for 10 years as a Senior Vice President at Old Republic Aerospace, where he led the Special Risk Division, overseeing a multidisciplinary team and a portfolio of specialty aerospace business in excess of $50,000,000 USD in annual revenue.
Mr. Clark has an undergraduate degree in Political Science and is a 2008 graduate of the Thunderbird School’s top ranked European Based Executive MBA Program. He is a former U.S. Marine, an avid runner and an aviation enthusiast. He lives in Atlanta Georgia with his three daughters and his wife of 20 years.
Chief Marketing Officer
Philip A. Wagner
Mr. Wagner brings with him over 20 years of commercial aviation insurance underwriting and program administration experience with some of the most respected names in the aviation insurance marketplace, including AIG and Old Republic Aerospace. He is a 1996 graduate of the University of Georgia’s Risk Management and Insurance program. He was part of the original team at Plimsoll where he currently holds responsibility for overseeing Plimsoll’s carrier relations and placement strategy.
Senior Vice President Aviation & Aerospace
David brings 20 years of vast and diverse experience in aviation and aerospace insurance. A private pilot since age 17, he is an active commercial, multi-engine, instrument rated pilot with a passion for aviation and a history of leadership in the market. Since earning his Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Aviation Safety, he has lead the aviation practices of 2 large national broking houses, worked as an underwriter for one of the oldest and most respected carriers in the marketplace and been responsible for overseeing some of the most complex aviation and aerospace insurance placements in the market.
Plimsoll Specialty Markets
- Team members founded and successfully lead two of the largest and most profitable aerospace insurance underwriting operations in North America
- Deep knowledge, relationships and experience in the international aviation insurance/re-insurance marketplace
- Decades of experience structuring aviation reinsurance programs with limits of over $300,000,000 USD on portfolios of aerospace insurance as large as $150,000,000 USD
- Extensive experience developing and implementing quantitative pricing models for aviation and aerospace underwriting, several of which are still being used by underwriters in the market
- Created and structured some of the largest and most successful programs in the aviation insurance marketplace
- Years of experience overseeing aerospace claims teams and managing catastrophic litigation
- Experience overseeing aviation and aerospace safety and loss control advisory teams
- The experience and sophistication to creatively structure complex quota share and excess placements and administer large self-insured retentions